Connect with the hosts:
In this episode; the hosts share mindset shifts every educator can implement to have a better experience in the workplace.
- When you can’t change the circumstances, change your attitude about them. Attitude is everything. It’s an external characteristic and it’s how others perceive us. How do you want to feel when facing a difficult situation?
- Knowing what you’re like and what triggers you helps with your perspective.
- If you’re combative, defensive, compassionate or funny… you’ll react accordingly.
- Impulsivity won’t help your goal.
- Determine your goal when you face a difficult/challenging situation.
- Your goal will drive your actions.
- Adapting a growth mindset takes time and intentionality.
- Changing your perspective to a thought that serves you better gives you power.
- Worrying could always be optional. See it as a waste of your precious energy.
- No positive toxicity: Acknowledge hard, difficult things to overcome. Always know it is within your power to respond, and it is ok to not always want to be positive.
Don’t forget to subscribe to Teacher Thrive on your favorite podcast platform to receive updates on new episodes. If you find this podcast valuable, please leave a review and share it with fellow educators who are seeking to thrive in their teaching journey.
Original Music by: Matthew Dotson
Cover Art by: Nate Rapai
[Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed in this podcast are those of the hosts and guests and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of any educational institutions or organizations. This podcast is presented solely for educational and entertainment purposes. The hosts are not licensed therapists and their opinion does not substitute the advice of a physician or other qualified professional]